For Memorial Building Arena and Reservations, Contact: (218) 362-5951
Hours: Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
For Parks and Recreation Office, Contact: (218) 362-5940
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Located: Memorial Building & Arena; 400 East 23rd Street; Hibbing, MN 55746
- No person shall ride or drive any motor vehicle that is self-propelled, upon any park property or designated bikeway, except upon established roads, or on areas that are designated and provided for such purposes. It is prohibited for any person to commit any act, by use or operation, of any motor vehicle on any parkland, which if committed upon a public highway or street in the State of Minnesota, would be prohibited and unlawful. Speed limits within all parks shall be 15 miles per hour unless otherwise posted. No one shall test or repair any vehicle or mechanical devices in any park. There shall be no parking at any time except in area designated for such purposes.
- No person shall cut, break, move, take or otherwise injure, destroy or deface any trees, shrubs, plants, turf, rock or any building, fence, bridge, sign or other structure; of foul any stream, or dump any earth rubbish or other substance or material in or upon any park without written permission of the Hibbing Parks and Recreation Board.
- No person shall make or kindle any open fire except in fireplaces and grills provided for this purpose or in private portable grills. Grills provided for public use shall be on a first come, first served basis.
- No person shall, in any park, set a trap or snare, or shoot, injure, annoy, disturb, poison any wild animal or bird, or injure or destroy any nest.
- Horse, cattle, livestock, and domestic animals of any kind are prohibited in any park, except a dog or cat on a leash, under control of a person, is permitted. Horseback riding is prohibited except on facilities expressly designated for that purpose.
- Practicing, playing or using park areas for golf and archery is prohibited, except on facilities expressly designated or provided for such purposes.
- It is unlawful for any person to consume, or possess in an unsealed container, beer, liquor, or wine on any street or other public property except City parks where permission has been specifically requested by the Director of Parks and Recreation, and specifically granted by the Council.
- The Hibbing Parks & Recreation Board has established the following hours for Bennett Park and Vic Power Park: 6:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. Carey Lake Park is open 6:00 a.m. - Dusk (depending on the time of the year from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m.)
- Dog Waste. It is unlawful for any owner to suffer or permit a dog to defecate upon public property without immediately removing the excrement and disposing of it in a sanitary manner. It is unlawful for any owner to suffer or permit a dog to be upon public property unless such animal as in the custody of a person of suitable age and discretion having in his possession equipment and supplies for excrement removal.
- Snowmobile Regulations that apply to City park and playgrounds.
- Operation on Roadways, Public Lands and Waters. Snowmobiles may be operated on roadways, public lands or waters except as herein prohibited. It is a misdemeanor to operate a snowmobile upon roadways or public lands or waters, as follows:
- On Publicly-Owned Land, except roadways, but including cemetery grounds
- Park Property
- Golf Course
- Recreational Areas
- Any other public property without express permission from the appropriate governmental authority.
- Exceptions - Notwithstanding prohibitions herein to the contrary, a snowmobile may be operated as follows:
- In connection with events conducted by the Hibbing Joint Recreation and Park Board supervised and regulated by the Director of such Board.
Thank You - We hope your visit has been a pleasant one, and ask that you help us make a similar experience possible for everyone by obeying all park rules.