Recycling: (218) 362-5944
Hours of operation at the Recycling Center:
Billing Department: (218) 262-3486 ext 701
Recycling Center, 1570 E Howard St.
Tuesday 6:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Thursday 12:00 noon - 8:00 p.m.
Saturday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m
For other questions concerning the Sanitation Department, call 362-5942 or Email.
Garbage Collection Rules for Residents
- Set household garbage carts at the edge of the alley before 6 a.m. on the scheduled pick up day. If there is NO alley by your house, place it by the curb in front of your house.
- Place carts with the arrow on the lid pointing towards the alley with a 3 foot open area on all sides of the can.
- According to City Ordinance, garbage should be placed in garbage bags to prevent refuse from freezing to carts in cold weather.
- Do not overload the container.
- Any garbage that does not fit inside the container will NOT be picked up as part of the normal garbage route. Purchase a $12.00 bulk refuse tag at City Hall for up to 200 pounds of bagged refuse and LESS than 1 cubic yard.
- Yard waste does NOT go in the garbage carts. (see Yard Debris)
- Containers are identified with a serial number that is assigned to the residence. If a resident were to move, their cart would stay at the property.
- To obtain a larger or smaller garbage cart, visit the City Clerk's office on the 2nd floor of City Hall.