Hours: Monday - Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Located: 1425 East 23rd Street; Hibbing MN 55746
1425 East 23rd Street
Hibbing, MN 55746
Phone: (218) 362-5991
Fax: (218) 312-9611
Sign Shop: (218) 362-5994
Maintenance Shop: (218) 362-5993
Public Works Director: Jesse Story
Public Works Superintendent: John Sporer
Sanitary/Storm Sewer Foreman: John Yuretich
Hours: on duty 7 AM to 3 PM Monday through Friday
For emergency service after 3:00 p.m. on weekdays and on weekends, call the fire department at 262-6161. Emergencies include sewer back up into residences, flooding due to heavy rain, culverts not flowing, road way cave-ins or washouts or other hazardous situations.
For potholes or other non-hazardous situation please call 362-5991 Monday - Friday between 7:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
Purpose and Functions
- Maintain urban and rural streets and alleys
- Trim and remove trees
- Sweep streets
- Paint traffic control aids
- Remove and replace signs
- Cut brush and grass on roadways
- Plow, sand, and remove snow from downtown, major streets, and avenues
- Plow private driveways
- Maintain snow dumps and plow residential and rural areas